DANGERS of genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
- GMOs have no place in any cancer-free diet. Chemicals used to grow them have been shown to cause rapid tumour growth.
- Most processed meat products, including lunch meats, bacon and sausage, contain chemical preservatives that make them appear fresh and appealing, but cause cancer.
- They might be convenient, but those bags of microwave are lined with chemicals that cause infertility as well as liver, testicular and pancreatic cancers.
- Soda pop causes cancer. Loaded with sugar, food chemicals and colourings, soda pop acidifies the body and literally feeds cancer cells. Chemicals found in sodas like caramel colour and its derivative 4-methylimidazole (4-MI) feed cancer cells. Aspartame, one of the most common artificial sweeteners, causes birth defects and cancer. Sucralose, saccharin and other artificial sweeteners have also been linked to causing cancer. A recent scientific review issued by the European Food and Safety Authority (EFSA) ofmore than 20 separate research studies found that aspartame, one of the most common artificial sweeteners, causes a range of illnesses including birth defects and cancer.
Refined white flour
- Excess carbohydrate content in refined flour is a serious cause for concern. A study published in the journal Cancer Epidemiology, Mile Markers and Prevention found that regular consumption of refined carbohydrates was linked to a 220 percent increase in breast cancer among women. High-glycemic foods, in general, have also been shown to rapidly raise blood sugar levels, which directly feed cancer cell growth and spread.
- The same goes for refined sugars which spike insulin levels and feed the growth of cancer cells. Fructose-rich sweeteners like high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) are particularly offensive, as cancer cells have been shown to quickly and easily metabolise them in order to proliferate. Cookies, cakes, pies, sodas, juices, sauces, cereals and many other popular, mostly processed, food items are loaded with HFCS and other refined sugars, this helps explain why cancer rates are on the rise.
- Many people think they are eating healthy when they buy apples, grapes or strawberries from the store. Unless these fruits are organic or verified to be pesticide-free, they could be a major cancer risk.
- Commonly used to preserve processed foods and keep them shelf-stable, hydrogenated oils alter the structure and flexibility of cell membranes throughout the body, leading to a host of debilitating diseases such as cancer.