By Farirayi Kahwemba 

WARRIORS midfielder Marvellous Nakamba’s work ethic and commitment has won him the praise of English Premier League side’s Luton Town manager Rob Edwards.

The talented linkman, who has played a key role for the team in their league campaign this season, has also been singled out for bringing a positive influence to the team through his humility on and off the field of play. 

On October 1, Nakamba put in a Man-of-the-Match performance against Everton in a match that saw Luton Town posting their first league win of the season by a 2-1 margin. 

In that encounter, Nakamba – who dominated the midfield throughout the match – stood out as one of the best players with 23 successful passes, six tackles and nine duels won. 

The Zimbabwean midfielder also performed well again in their match against Burnley which ended in a 1-2 defeat for Luton Town. 

In a statement posted on the Luton Town website, Edwards underlined the importance of Nakamba to the team’s league campaign this season. 

Edwards described Nakamba’s display against Everton – in particular – as excellent. 

“He was excellent, I love that saying 70 percent of the world is covered by water, the other 30 percent by Marvellous Nakamba, I love that. I saw that against the other day, I was laughing to myself, as he’s brilliant, he’s some man.  

He (Nakamba) just goes about his business in a real humble way, his performance was top the other day, really, really influential,” said Edwards. 

“He does the stuff that people will not always see and does not want the praise for it either. He just gets on and is a real top player, a top, top guy,” Edwards added.

Nakamba’s good form will be good news to newly appointed Warriors coach Baltemar Brito, who will be in charge of the national team when they compete in the 2026 World Cup African Qualifiers. 

Brito will be looking to assemble a strong squad as he looks to navigate through a difficult group that also includes powerhouses South Africa and Nigeria.    

A Warriors team made up of locally-based players recently lost to Botswana in their first friendly match and Brito is expected to call up a number of foreign-based players ahead of the World Cup Qualifiers.  


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here